All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn spite of the current wave of globalization, the majority of the world's people remain poor, excluded from ecomic development. The aim of this book is to show that disadvantaged smallholders and other poor people can be included in modern integrated value chains, which are profitable for them, for the value chain leaders, and for all the other processors and traders involved. And, that this can be done without subsidy, without dor or government aid, and without appeal to 'corporate social responsibility'; it is simple good business. Commercial and Inclusive Value Chains includes case studies on fifteen profitable and inclusive value chains from different countries in Western, Eastern and North Eastern Africa, and from India, Cambodia, Peru. The goods which they handle include food stuffs and other products that are transformed through a value chain. Each case includes a detailed 'map' of the value chain, showing how much value is added at each stage, as well as the results of surveys to assess the benefit to the small producers or other disadvantaged group who are members of the chains. This book is important reading for managers and consultants who work in value chain development, staff of NGOs and dor agencies, and researchers and post-graduate students in business schools and in departments of ecomics and development studies.
- Author BiographyMalcolm Harper is an emeritus professor of Cranfield University; he is an independent researcher, writer and teacher who works mainly in India. John Belt is an agricultural economist with the Royal Tropical Institute in the Netherlands; he has over 15 years of experience in rural development work in Africa, Asia and Latin America. Rajeev Roy teaches entrepreneurship and marketing at the Indian Institute of Management, Raipur, in India.
- PublisherPractical Action Publishing
- Date of Publication15/04/2015
- SubjectSocial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationRugby
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPractical Action Publishing
- Weight340 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byMalcolm Harper,Mr John Belt,Rajeev Roy
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $74.22New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.09Trending at AU $23.51
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.22
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $74.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.