All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $39.15
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.66
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.32
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.16
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.17
- AU $34.71Trending at AU $42.51
About this product
- DescriptionOptimize Every Stage of Your Product Development and Commercialization To remain competitive, companies must become more effective at identifying, developing, and commercializing new products and services. Design for Six Sigma (DFSS) is the most powerful approach available for achieving these goals reliably and efficiently. Now, for the first time, there's a comprehensive, hands-on guide to utilizing DFSS in real-world product development. Using a start-to-finish case study, a practical roadmap, and easy-to-use templates, Commercializing Great Products with Design for Six Sigma shows how to optimize every stage of product commercialization. Drawing on a combined sixty-five years of product experience, the authors show how to make better product and portfolio decisions; develop better business cases and benefits assessments; create better concepts and designs; scale up manufacturing more effectively; and execute better launches. Learn how to * Establish infrastructure to support successful commercialization* Use Stage-Gate(R) processes to minimize risk and optimize the use of people and resources* Create better plans: Segment markets, define product value, estimate financial value, and position new products for success* Capture the Voice of the Customer, analyze it, and use it to drive development* Choose the right tools: Ideation, Pugh Concept Selection, QFD, TRIZ, and many more * Develop better products and processes: Process Maps, Cause and Effects Matrices, Failure Modes and Effects Analysis, Statistical Design and Data Analysis Tools, and more* Test and improve product performance and reliability* Perform Post Mortems and apply what you've learned to your next project Whether you're an executive, engineer, designer, marketer, or quality-control professional, Commercializing Great Products with Design for Six Sigma will help you identify more valuable product concepts and translate them into high-impact revenue sources.
- Author BiographyRandy C. Perry is a master consultant and program manager with Sigma Breakthrough Technologies, Inc. (SBTI), one of the world's leading professional services firms specializing in Six Sigma and Lean deployments. He has consulted and trained with Seagate, Eastman Chemical, Tyco, Celanese, BASF, and other leading firms. He is a certified Six Sigma Blackbelt. David W. Bacon, SBTI master consultant, is responsible for program development and training in SBTI's Master Blackbelt program.
- Author(s)David Bacon,Randy Perry
- PublisherPearson Education (US)
- Date of Publication24/10/2006
- SubjectMechanical Engineering
- Place of PublicationUpper Saddle River
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPrentice Hall
- Weight1175 g
- Width190 mm
- Height239 mm
- Spine34 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.