All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.80Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.68Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.55Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $31.98Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionWhat is a committed employee? Are such employees better or worse off than uncommitted employees? What are the organizational advantages and disadvantages of having a committed workforce? This book overviews academic and popular perspectives on commitment in employees. It examines the multiple faces of commitment and the links that have been established between the various forms of commitment and organizational behaviour. In addition, questions concerning individual differences, organizational characteristics, job characteristics and work experiences associated with commitment are explored. The volume concludes with a discussion of what organizations can do to manage commitment effectively, including under difficult circumstances such as merger/acquisition, downsizing and relocation.
- Author BiographyOver the past several years, my research has examined the conceptualization, development, and consequences of work attitudes - in particular, the employee's commitment to his or her organization and occupation. More recent research examines teams and work groups. Specifically, I am interested in the composition of such teams, the linkages between teams and the organizations in which they are embedded, and the reactions people have toward working in teams.
- Author(s)John P. Meyer,Natalie J. Allen
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication25/04/1997
- SubjectManagement Techniques: Professional
- Series TitleAdvanced Topics in Organizational Behavior
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 2
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSAGE Publications Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight226 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.