Commodities Rising: The Reality Behind the Hype and How to Really Profit in the Commodities Market by Jeffrey M. Christian (Hardback, 2006)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $33.85Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by books2anywhereuk
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $20.93+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCommodities Rising, part memoir and part investment guide, provides a unique and practical perspective that is based on a rare combination of professional experiences. --Donald F. Larson, Senior Ecomist, World Bank Jeffrey Christian brings twenty--five years of commodity market experience to his thoughtful and insightful new book. A keen analyst, Christian debunks many commodity market myths. There has been a substantial underinvestment in commodity research of late. His book is a a must--reada for any investor wishing to avoid the pitfalls present in physical commodity investments. --Terrence F. Martell, PhD, Saxe Distinguished Professor of Finance, Director, Weissman Center for International Business, Baruch College, CUNY;Public Goverr, New York Board of Trade If youa ve read one of the recent a commodity crazea books, youa ll appreciate the more careful, thorough account Christian provides here. His anecdotes and analysis will convince you that this is truly an insidera s assessment. --Peter A. Biebel, Vice President, Director of Futures Research, A.G. Edwards & Sons, Inc. In addition to its depth, Christiana s book is extremely reader--friendly, presenting commodity issues from various angles. I strongly recommend to anyone interested in commodities that they read this book; and to those still unfamiliar with the subject, I recommend that they take a look. The rewards will be significant, intellectually and possibly financially. --Takamasa Akiyama, Professor of Development Ecomics, Nihon University, Mishima, Japan, and Senior Advisor, Foundation for Advanced Studies onInternational Development (FASID), Tokyo, Japan Analyze the current commodity environment and look out over the next few years to identify potential profit situations in Commodities Rising. Youa ll learn how commodities can be used to reduce risk and increase returns in a balanced investment portfolio. Author and commodities expert Jeffrey Christian debunks much of the misinformation currently circulating about commodities and provides a reasoned reality--check you can use to evaluate the claims and promises of various publications and brokerages in the commodity field. Specific issues addressed throughout this book include: * the variety of commodity investments?exchange traded funds, stocks, futures, and options; * commodities in the global ecomy; * commodity trading/investing strategies. Filled with in--depth insights and engaging anecdotes gleaned from the author?s 30 years in the commodity markets, this is an invaluable resource for the serious investor or trader.
- Author BiographyJEFFREY M. CHRISTIAN is Managing Director of the CPM Group, one of the worlda s premier precious metals and commodities research and consulting companies. He began his career in commodities as a journalist at Metals Week, and then moved to J. Aron, which later became the commodities trading division of Goldman Sachs. Mr. Christian founded CPM Group when he spun off his research team from Goldman Sachs in 1986. He speaks frequently at commodity industry conferences and seminars, and oversees the publication of CPMa s renowned precious metal yearbooks. Mr. Christian is quoted frequently in the financial press and has appeared on several financial news programs to discuss commodities.
- Author(s)Jeffrey M. Christian
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication21/07/2006
- SubjectFinance & Accounting
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight472 g
- Width162 mm
- Height233 mm
- Spine25 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.55
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.88
- AU $32.77Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $40.12
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.39
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.