All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionExploring the relationship between law and society, this classic edition of Common Law and Feudal Society brings a key legal history text back to life in a popular new series. The close links between the Scots and English law in the Middle Ages have long been recognised. This text assesses the relevance of traditional approaches to Scottish legal history, setting the development of medieval law within the context of a society in which private lordship, exercised through courts and other less formal methods of dispute settlement, played a key role alongside royal justice. Based on extensive research, this book examines the brieves of vel dissasine, mortancestry and right, and legal remedies for the recovery of land, as well as aspects of the early history of the Scottish legal profession and the origins of the Court of Session.
- Author BiographyHector MacQueen is Scottish Law Commissioner.
- Author(s)Hector MacQueen
- PublisherEdinburgh University Press
- Date of Publication01/03/2016
- SubjectRegional History
- Series TitleEdinburgh Classic Editions
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEdinburgh University Press
- Weight454 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.