Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.17Trending at AU $52.09
- AU $32.78Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $40.12
- AU $31.97Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.66
- AU $33.33Trending at AU $36.06
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
About this product
- DescriptionUnrecognized sleep disorders can shorten lives, promote hypertension, augment risk for diabetes, exacerbate metabolic syndrome, increase overall medical care costs, impair cognition, cause motor vehicle crashes, reduce workplace productivity, and greatly diminish quality of life. Sleep problems are among the most common complaints that patients bring to their clinicians, but little medical training is devoted to the field and so sleep disorders tend to remain undiagsed for many years. The case-based chapters in this book highlight key points and pitfalls in a readable, easily assimilated, and memorable format that should improve a clinician's ability to address, investigate, and manage common sleep disorders. The cases illustrate how clinical skill and occasional wisdom can complement data obtained from laboratory testing. Common Pitfalls in Sleep Medicine will be of particular interest to clinicians and trainees in sleep medicine, neurology, internal medicine, family medicine, pulmonary medicine, otolaryngology, psychiatry, and psychology.
- Author BiographyRonald D. Chervin, MD, MS is Professor of Neurology, Michael S. Aldrich Collegiate Professor of Sleep Medicine, and Director, University of Michigan Sleep Disorders Center, University of Michigan Health System, Ann Arbor.
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication10/04/2014
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note52 b/w illus. 27 colour illus. 38 tables
- Weight880 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byRonald D. Chervin
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.