All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.75Trending at AU $42.60
About this product
- DescriptionExperienced management leader Roger Fulton distills the wisdom from two previous books, Common Sense Leadership and Commonsense Supervision , into this single streamlined volume of helpful advice for anyone new to a management position. With practical sections on winning respect, improving confidence, and preventing and handling problems, this inspirational book combines solid guidance with quotations from visionary experts throughout the ages, such as Confucius, Abraham Lincoln, and Walt Disney.
- Author BiographyROGER FULTON brings more than twenty-five years of practical management and leadership experience in both the public and private sectors to his writings on business. He has operated his own management consulting firm since 1990. He lives in Glens Falls, New York. THE AUTHOR SCOOP How did your book, Common Sense Management, come to be? When I got promoted to a supervisory position there was no management training, little guidance, and no mentor. I was thrust into that supervisory position and left to sink or swim. I vowed at that time that if I ever got the education, training, and experience to write a simple guide for others, I would. And I did. I hope it helps others who are thrust into management positions to succeed and make their business and personal lives less stressful, to say nothing about the increased quality of life for the people who have to work for them. If you had to boil down the message of Common Sense Management to one sentence, what would it be? No theories, no fluff; just good old common sense on how to succeed in the real world of management in any industry. How long did it take you to write Common Sense Management?Well, I had to take the time to make lots of errors, figure out how to correct them, deal with both competent and incompetent bosses (I learned from both), and I spent 13 years in night school and 25 years of practical experience in both the public and private sectors. Then I had to write the book. So the short answer is: a lifetime.
- Author(s)Roger Fulton
- PublisherRandom House USA Inc
- Date of Publication01/05/2009
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationBerkeley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTen Speed Press
- Out-of-print date14/04/2011
- Weight196 g
- Width134 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
- Edition Statement2nd edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.