All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $86.44
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $61.12
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.24
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.82
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.41
- AU $12.24Trending at AU $21.10
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.71
About this product
- DescriptionHarry Seymour and Samantha Hazelwood want to get married and build a family. He is a college student from a wealthy New Orleans family, and she is the daughter of an old Virginia family. They could be married without delay, if t for the war that tore the United States apart. With heavy heart, Harry enlists with the Confederacy but hates the thought of fighting his own kin from Connecticut. In the meantime, Sam is recruited to be a spy in Washington. As the war comes to an end, the two lovers are reunited. Harry is a broken man-financially and psychologically, having faced the terrors of war and lived to tell about them. Still madly in love, Sam welcomes him home; with the help of relatives and a former slave, they rebuild their fortunes during the turbulent Reconstruction. But their troubles are far from over. An old nemesis will t let the war end at Appomattox. Elliot Seymour is one of Harry's Connecticut cousins, and he finds a way to imprison Sam. He confiscates the lovers' home and uses their former slaves against them. Will Harry and Sam's love survive yet ather tragedy? War is hell; it can ruin an entire country, but it can also make warriors out of cowards, heroes out of slaves, and spouses out of lovers-if only good can prevail in the midst of horror.
- Author(s)Henry H Gilbert
- Date of Publication28/03/2012
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight649 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards,With dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.