All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhen William Charlmont is lost at sea, his devoted wife lies dying in childbirth, and charges Catherine, their eldest daughter, to await his return. Years later, and w in her thirties, Catherine remains faithful to her promise, resigning herself to a life of spinsterhood. Her two sisters, however, are under such obligation, and while Lucy loves and loses from afar, the carefree Jane resolves to make a prosperous marriage and become a lady of fortune. Commonplace is a charming and witty tale of the tortuous path a girl must take to secure a suitable match.
- Author BiographyChristina Rossetti (1830-1904) is best remembered as the author of sonnets, ballads and religious poetry. Andrew Motion has been Professor of Creative Writing at UEA since 1995; since 1999 he has also been Poet Laureate.
- Author(s)Christina G. Rossetti
- PublisherHesperus Press Ltd
- Date of Publication27/05/2005
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Series TitleHesperus Classics
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHesperus Press Ltd
- Weight158 g
- Width125 mm
- Height196 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Foreword bySir Andrew Motion
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.25
- AU $23.66Trending at AU $30.15
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $75.18
- AU $19.99Trending at AU $20.58
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.14
- AU $47.56Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $20.51Trending at AU $24.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.