All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFully updated and revised to fit in with the new laws and structure in the Commonwealth Caribbean law and legal systems, this new edition examines the institutions, structures and processes of the law in the Commonwealth Caribbean. The author explores: - the court system and the new Caribbean Court of Justice which replaces appeals to the Privy Council - the offshore financial legal sector - Caribbean customary law and the rights of indigeus peoples - the Constitutions of Commonwealth Caribbean jurisdictions and Human Rights - the impact of the historical continuum to the region's jurisprudence including the question of reparations - the complexities of judicial precedent for Caribbean peoples - international law as a source of law - alternative dispute mechanisms and the Ombudsman Effortlessy combining discussions of traditional subjects with those on more invative subject areas, this book is an exciting exposition of Caribbean law and legal systems for those studying comparative law.
- Author BiographyRose-Marie Belle Antoine is the Professor of Labour Law and Offshore Financial Law at the University of the West-Indies.
- Author(s)Rose-Marie Belle Antoine
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication29/05/2008
- SubjectNational Law: Professional
- Series TitleCommonwealth Caribbean Law
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintRoutledge Cavendish
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight730 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.55
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.88
- AU $32.77Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $40.12
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.39
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.