All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $62.46
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $72.91
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $22.05
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.51
About this product
- DescriptionIf you are a manager anywhere in the world, you are almost certainly dealing with people of nationalities and cultures different from your own. In multinational business environments, communicating effectively with people who have languages, customs, and expectations different from yours is a necessary skill.
- Author BiographyThis series of guidebooks draws on the practical knowledge that the Center for Creative Leadership (CCL) has generated, since its inception in 1970, through its research and educational activity conducted in partnership with hundreds of thousands of managers and executives. Much of this knowledge is shared-in a way that is distinct from the typical university department, professional association, or consultancy. CCL is not simply a collection of individual experts, although the individual credentials of its staff are impressive; rather it is a community, with its members holding certain principles in common and working together to understand and generate practical responses to today's leadership and organizational challenges. The purpose of the series is to provide managers with specific advice on how to complete a developmental task or solve a leadership challenge. In doing that, the series carries out CCL's mission to advance the understanding, practice, and development of leadership for the benefit of society worldwide. Don W. Prince is open enrollment manager for CCL's Brussels, Belgium, campus. He has worked for some time and very closely with CCL's Global Initiatives group and travels extensively, having conducted business or training in sixteen countries around the world. Before joining CCL, he worked in the travel industry; served as a chaplain on four university campuses; and for nine years was an adjunct faculty member at Texas Tech University, Stephen F. Austin State University, and Baylor School of Nursing. He holds degrees from the University of North Texas and Southwestern Seminary. Michael H. Hoppe is a senior program and research associate at CCL. He brings to his work a rich and varied background in cross-cultural leadership development. In his research, he concentrates on effective leadership in a multicultural environment. Before joining CCL, he lived and worked extensively in Germany and Greece, and served as assistant director of the Salzburg Seminar in American and International Studies in Salzburg, Austria. He holds a Ph.D. in organizational development and institutional studies from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
- Author(s)Center for Creative Leadership (CCL),Don W. Prince,Michael H. Hoppe
- PublisherCentre for Creative Leadership
- Date of Publication26/09/2007
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Series TitleJ-B CCL (Center for Creative Leadership)
- Place of PublicationGreensboro
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCentre for Creative Leadership
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight58 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine2 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.