All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAlthough competent peer tutoring depends heavily on kwledge within the particular discipline, there is certainly more to the process than subject kwledge alone. One of the most important components of tutoring in any academic area is effective communication. Research in the area of communication studies is relevant to all areas of tutoring, but is often only a mir component of peer tutoring training. This book brings together tutoring center experts and communication experts to provide research-based advice for training peer and near-peer tutors. With a broad audience in mind, these experts translate research from the fields of communication and pedagogy into advice that can be used for tutoring in any field. Peer tutoring centers or pedagogy courses in any discipline will find this book to be an effective discussion tool for encouraging tutors to consider the importance of how they communicate their advice to students.
- Author BiographyWendy Atkins-Sayre (PhD, University of Georgia) is Associate Professor of Communication Studies and the Speaking Center Director at the University of Southern Mississippi. Her work has appeared in Southern Communication Journal, Western Journal of Communication, and Women and Language. Eunkyong L. Yook (PhD, University of Minnesota) is Associate Professor of Communication at George Mason University and author of two books on communication, education, and culture. Her work has appeared in the Journal of Intercultural Communication and Communication Education. The editors previously co-edited Communication Centers and Oral Communication Programs in Higher Education: Advantages, Challenges, and New Directions (2012).
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication25/08/2015
- SubjectCommunication & Media
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2015
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Weight480 g
- Width150 mm
- Height225 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byEunkyong Lee Yook,Wendy Atkins-Sayre
- Edition StatementNew edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.50Trending at AU $111.86
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.81Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.51
- AU $19.15Trending at AU $23.98
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.13
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.