Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.55
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.88
- AU $30.35Trending at AU $40.12
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.39
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionA collection of multilingual case studies drawn from the international media, which uses various methodologies to examine the reporting of conflict around the world.. Communicating Conflict brings together a collection of multilingual case studies drawn from the international media. The contributors use methodologies drawn from Critical Discourse Analysis and Systemic Functional Linguistics to explore how these texts overtly or covertly advance particular value positions and world views. They pay particular attention to how the reader is positioned with respect to the events being described, and, using appraisal theory, the various voices which are referenced by the text.This book is a timely examination of the reporting of conflict around the world. It will be of interest to researchers in sociolinguistics, discourse analysis and media studies.
- Author BiographyElizabeth Thomson is Senior Lecturer in the School of English Literatures, Philosophy and Languages, at the University of Wollongong, Australia. P. R. R. White is Senior Lecturer in the Department of Linguistics at the University of Adelaide, Australia.
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication28/03/2008
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published2008
- ImprintContinuum International Publishing Group Ltd.
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight600 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Edited byElizabeth Thomson,P.R.R. White
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.