Communicating for Results: A Canadian Student's Guide by Carolyn Meyer (Paperback, 2014)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $121.00Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by fishpondnewzealand
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $66.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCommunicating for Results: A Canadian Student's Guide is an indigeus, core text designed to serve students studying business and professional communications at both the university and college levels. Author Carolyn Meyer ackwledges the challenges of today's demanding work environments and provides practical, classroom-tested instruction for communicating successfully-that is, for getting ticed and getting results. The text, praised for being exceptionally well written and logically organized, covers t only the principles of grammar and rhetoric but also the persuasive strategies required for being an effective writer and public speaker. Meyer's hands-on, skills-based approach uses models and samples, workshops, discussion forums, quick-reference guides, and checklists to guide students through the writing process and help them develop confidence. Coverage of changing trends in the workplace, trends in communication research, cultural differences in communication techniques, Web 3.0 techlogies, and privacy strategies and safeguarding personal and sensitive information ensures students are well-equipped to compete in the globalized workplace. This third edition offers a thoroughly revised introductory chapter examining communication in the new ecomy and also includes a new chapter on social media and networking, introducing students to key social media tools and discussing the most effective ways for businesses to use these tools to promote their products and services, reach out to customers, and keep on top of market trends. As well, the chapter-end activities sections have been updated to replace outdated links and ensure content is fresh and contemporary.
- Author BiographyCarolyn Meyer is an associate professor in the School of Professional Communication and the Masters of Professional Communication Program at Ryerson University. Outside Ryerson she has taught English and professional communication at the University of Toronto, Seneca College, George Brown College, and Mount Allison University. She has also presented a range of courses and onsite workshops in professional communication at the University of Toronto's School of Continuing Studies and is the recipient of an Excellence in Teaching Award from the University of Toronto. She is also the vice president (Canada) of the Association for Business Communication.
- Author(s)Carolyn Meyer
- PublisherOxford University Press, Canada
- Date of Publication27/03/2014
- SubjectBusiness, Accounting & Vocational: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintOxford University Press, Canada
- Content Note20 photos; 75 figures; 20 tables
- Weight998 g
- Width204 mm
- Height255 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
Explore Buying Guides
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.64Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.06Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.95Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.