All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn its ninth edition, Communicating in Groups provides a fresh look at modern group communication while retaining the foundational information about research and theory that has made the text so popular. Helpful tables and images, as well as boxes showcasing ethical dilemmas, Apply Now situations, and current issues related to media and techlogy complement the information. Along with the authors' conversational style, these features make the text accessible and relatable for students, who will come away with a deep understanding of small group communication and the positive impact they can make through effective interactions. Instructors and students can w access their course content through the Connect digital learning platform by purchasing either standalone Connect access or a bundle of print and Connect access. McGraw-Hill Connect[registered] is a subscription-based learning service accessible online through your personal computer or tablet. Choose this option if your instructor will require Connect to be used in the course. Your subscription to Connect includes the following: SmartBook[registered] - an adaptive digital version of the course textbook that personalizes your reading experience based on how well you are learning the content; access to your instructor's homework assignments, quizzes, syllabus, tes, reminders, and other important files for the course; progress dashboards that quickly show how you are performing on your assignments and tips for improvement; and, the option to purchase (for a small fee) a print version of the book.
- Author BiographyKatherine L. Adams is Professor of Speech Communication at California State University, Fresno, where she received a Meritorious Promise and Performance award in 1989. She has served as their Graduate Coordinator since 1989. She received her Ph.D. in Communication from the University of Utah under the direction of B. Aubrey Fisher. She has authored four instructor's manuals in interpersonal and small group communication and most recently, this group communication book with Gloria Galanes. She has published articles in the areas of conversational analysis and interpersonal communication. Currently she is an associate editor for Communication Reports and The Western Journal of Communication. She participates, at all levels, in the Western States Communication Association and Speech Communication Association and teaches in the areas of interpersonal communication, communication theory, small group communication, and research methods. Gloria J. Galanes is Associate Professor of Communication and Mass Media at Southwest Missouri St. University and has received the University's Faculty Excellence in Teaching and the Outstanding Graduate Faculty Member awards.
- Author(s)Gloria J. Galanes,Katherine L. Adams
- PublisherMcGraw-Hill Education - Europe
- Date of Publication01/03/2014
- SubjectStudy Skills & General Studies: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcGraw Hill Higher Education
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight499 g
- Width188 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edition Statement9th Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.66Trending at AU $111.11
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.44Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $23.94
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.