All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.60
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.15
- AU $26.39Trending at AU $29.65
About this product
- Description'The task of the Christian Church in this, as in any other age, is to communicate to men the truth of God as we find it in the word of God.' William Barclay, rightly described as one of the foremost communicators of Christianity today, here sets about that task, showing how and why it should be done. As always his work is written against the full biblical background ('Communicating the Gospel in the Prophets'); a description of the way the Apostles went about their task ('Communicating the Gospel in the Apostles'); thence to the challenge of doing so today ('we can never communicate Jesus Christ to others until we kw him ourselves'); and closes with an outline of 'the Gospel in Tradition'.
- Author BiographyWilliam Barclay (1907-1978) is known and loved by millions worldwide as one of the greatest Christian teachers of modern times. His insights into the New Testament, combined with his vibrant writing style, have delighted and enlightened readers of all ages for over half a century. He served for most of his life as Professor of Divinity at the University of Glasgow, and wrote more than fifty books--most of which are still in print today.
- Author(s)William Barclay
- PublisherSt Andrew Press
- Date of Publication28/09/1978
- SubjectChristianity: Bibles & Liturgy
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSt Andrew Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight124 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementNew edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.