All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCommunication is a key theme of the QTLS Standards. This accessible book helps readers to understand the theories and principles that underpin effective communication and apply this theory to improve their communication with learners, colleagues and others in professional life. It examines the environment of educational settings and looks at how individuals themselves communicate with the sector. It gives detailed advice on communication skills and promoting a supporting learning environment. It goes on to include tes on communicating for specific teaching situations, inclusion and working with colleagues. Finally, it covers resources for communication and their adaptation for different situations.
- Author BiographyKeith Appleyard has worked within the post-16 sector since 1978 as a lecturer, college senior manager and teacher trainer. He has been a tutor and course leader for PGCE/Cert Ed programmes at Lincoln College, and a tutor on these programmes at Nottingham Trent University. He is presently an ITT reviewer for Standards Verification UK (SVUK). Nancy Appleyard has been teaching communication studies and personal development to a wide range of adults since 1994. Initially she worked as a tutor at Lincoln College teaching government funded programmes for returner to education. Since 2001 she has designed and developed more wide-ranging and flexible communication and personal development programmes within the FE sector and voluntary organisations.
- Author(s)Keith Appleyard,Nancy Appleyard
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication29/04/2010
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleAchieving QTLS Series
- Place of PublicationExeter
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintLearning Matters Ltd
- Content Note10 illustrations
- Weight293 g
- Width171 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine8 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.64Trending at AU $111.11
- AU $35.06Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $73.88Trending at AU $78.04
- AU $18.76Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
- AU $51.96Trending at AU $53.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.