Communication Between Cultures by Edwin McDaniel, Larry A. Samovar, Carolyn Roy, Richard E. Porter (Paperback, 2012)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $69.99Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by ueberaus
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $60.00Free postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ozpierre
- Est. delivery by 8 Mar
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis bestselling intercultural communication text gives readers an understanding and appreciation of different cultures and helps them develop practical skills for improving their communication with people from other cultures. COMMUNICATION BETWEEN CULTURES, 8E, International Edition is rewned for being the only text on the market to consistently emphasize religion and history as key variables in intercultural communication. Packed with the latest research and filled with numerous compelling examples that force readers to examine their own assumptions and cultural biases, this book helps students understand the subtle and profound ways culture affects communication. The book is divided into four interrelated parts: Part I introduces the study of communication and culture; Part II focuses on the ability of culture to shape and modify our view of reality; Part III puts the theory of intercultural communication into practice; and Part IV converts kwledge into action.
- Author BiographyCarolyn Sexton Roy has been a member of the History Department at San Diego State University since 1989. Her doctoral studies in Colonial Latin American history were conducted at the University of California, Los Angeles. A well-practiced presenter of papers at regional, national, and international conventions, she has been published numerous times. She has traveled extensively in Latin America. A Fulbright Fellowship enabled her to conduct research for an extended period and salvage an archive in Parral, Chihuahua, Mexico. Her linguistic skills--particularly applied to Latin America--facilitate her high level of understanding of intercultural communication. Edwin (Ed) R. McDaniel received his Ph.D. from Arizona State University. He is currently a Member-at-Large of the Japan-U.S. Communication Association and a member of the Thunderbird Educator Network at the Thunderbird School of Global Management. He is also a retired Professor of Intercultural Communication at Aichi Shukutoku University in Nagoya, Japan, and has been a Japan ICU Foundation Visiting Scholar at the International Christian University in Tokyo. In addition, Dr. McDaniel has taught at San Diego State University, CSU San Marcos, and Thunderbird. In May 2013, he was an invited speaker at the China Cultural Industry Forum (CIF) in Beijing. He is the co-author/co-editor of numerous books on intercultural communication. His articles and book chapters have been published in China, Germany, Korea, and Japan, as well as the United States. Before beginning his academic career, Dr. McDaniel was in government service for over 20 years, during which time he lived and traveled in more than 40 countries. Larry Samovar, Emeritus Professor at San Diego State University, received his Ph.D. from Purdue University, where he taught for five years. He was also an invited scholar at Nihon University in Japan. As an early pioneer in the field of intercultural communication, he has been a guest speaker at many universities in the United States. In addition, Dr. Samovar has worked as a communication consultant in both the private and public sectors. He has written and/or edited 14 textbooks--totaling 45 editions. Many of his publications have been translated into foreign languages and are used in 11 countries. As an active researcher he has presented more than 100 scholarly papers and conducted numerous seminars and workshops at international, national, and regional conferences. His publication list is extensive and encompasses books and articles on intercultural communication, small group communication, interpersonal communication, and public speaking. Richard E. Porter is Professor Emeritus in the Department of Communication Studies at California State University, Long Beach. He earned his Ph.D. from the University of Southern California. Dr. Porter developed his interest in intercultural communication in 1967 before there was an established field of study. His and other pioneers' early work in the field laid the basic structural foundation used by many later scholars as the field developed and expanded. For 30 years he created and taught undergraduate and graduate courses in intercultural communication. Dr. Porter is the co-author and editor of four books with 24 editions that deal with the subject of intercultural communication.
- Author(s)Carolyn Roy,Edwin McDaniel,Larry A. Samovar,Richard E. Porter
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication20/06/2012
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationBelmont, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWadsworth Publishing Co Inc
- Weight634 g
- Width187 mm
- Height232 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edition StatementInternational ed of 8th revised ed
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $28.76Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $24.94Trending at AU $33.36
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.