All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionProvides a modern mathematical approach to the design of communication networks for graduate students, blending control, optimization, and stochastic network theories. A broad range of performance analysis tools are discussed, including important advanced topics that have been made accessible to students for the first time. Taking a top-down approach to network protocol design, the authors begin with the deterministic model and progress to more sophisticated models. Network algorithms and protocols are tied closely to the theory, illustrating the practical engineering applications of each topic. The background behind the mathematical analyses is given before the formal proofs and is supported by worked examples, enabling students to understand the big picture before going into the detailed theory. End-of-chapter problems cover a range of difficulties, with complex problems broken into several parts, and hints to many problems are provided to guide students. Full solutions are available online for instructors.
- Author BiographyR. Srikant is the Fredric G. and Elizabeth H. Nearing Endowed Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering at the University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign, and is frequently ranked as among the university's best teachers. His research interests include communications networks, stochastic processes, queuing theory, information theory and game theory. He has been a Distinguished Lecturer of the IEEE Communications Society and is a Fellow of the IEEE. Lei Ying is an Associate Professor in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering at Arizona State University and formerly an Assistant Professor at Iowa State University. His research interests include stochastic networks, wireless networking, big data, peer-to-peer networks and cloud computing.
- Author(s)Lei Ying,R. Srikant
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication14/11/2013
- SubjectEngineering & Technology: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note155 b/w illus. 108 exercises
- Weight930 g
- Width174 mm
- Height247 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.30New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $30.36New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.36
- AU $61.61Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $43.41
- AU $26.82Trending at AU $30.82
- AU $28.36Trending at AU $30.27
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.