Communication Systems for the Mobile Information Society by Martin Sauter (Hardback, 2006)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $130.00Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $110.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMany wireless systems like GSM, GPRS, UMTS, Bluetooth, WLAN or WiMAX offer possibilities to keep people connected while on the move. In this flood of techlogy and claims that one single resource will serve all our needs, this book seeks to enable readers to examine and understand each techlogy, and how to utilise several different systems for the best results. Communication Systems for the Mobile Information Society t only contains a technical description of the different wireless systems available today, but also explains the thoughts that are behind the different mechanisms and implementations; t only the 'how' but also the 'why' is in focus. Thus the advantages and also limitations of each techlogy become apparent.* Provides readers with a solid introduction to major global wireless standards and compares the different wireless techlogies and their applications* Describes the different systems based on the standards, their practical implementation and the design assumptions that were made* The performance and capacity of each system in practice is analyzed and explained, accompanied with practical tips on how to discover the functionality of different networks by the readers themselves* Questions at the end of each chapter and answers on the accompanying website make this book ideal for self study or as course material* Illustrated with many realistic examples of how mobile people can stay in touch with other people, the Internet and their corporate intranet This book is an essential resource for telecommunication engineers, professionals and computer science and electrical engineering students who want to get a thorough end-to-end understanding of the different technical concepts of the systems on the market today.
- Author BiographyMartin Sauter is a research and development engineer with Nortel. His current position is Wireless Solution Architect, responsible for end-to-end project solutions. He has extensive knowledge of GPRS and UMTS networks and holds a Dipl. Ing. (FH) degree from the University of Applied Sciences Ravensburg, Germany.
- Author(s)Martin Sauter
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication07/07/2006
- SubjectElectronics Engineering & Communications Engineering
- Place of PublicationHoboken
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight870 g
- Width184 mm
- Height252 mm
- Spine27 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $33.32New
- AU $30.40New
- AU $20.46New
- AU $30.87New
- AU $21.83New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $10.59Trending at AU $13.66
- AU $60.88Trending at AU $63.18
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.81
- AU $20.89Trending at AU $24.28
- AU $28.29Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $44.93Trending at AU $46.37
- AU $18.77Trending at AU $25.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.