All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.77Trending at AU $42.60
About this product
- DescriptionCommunication and Control: Tools, Systems, and New Dimensions advocates a systems view of human communication in a time of intelligent, learning machines. This edited collection sheds new light on things as mundane yet still profoundly consequential (and seemingly low-tech ) as push buttons, pagers, and telemarketing systems. Contributors also investigate aspects of remote control related to education, organizational design, artificial intelligence, cyberwarfare, drones, and even binge-watching on Netflix. In line with a systems view, the collection takes up a media ecological view. This work will be of interest to students, scholars, and researchers in communication, new media, and techlogy.
- Author BiographyRobert C. MacDougall is professor of communication and media studies at Curry College.
- PublisherLexington Books
- Date of Publication15/07/2015
- SubjectCommunication & Media
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLexington Books
- Weight544 g
- Width161 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byRobert MacDougall
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.