All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionScience communication seeks to engage individuals and groups with evidence-based information about the nature, outcomes, and social consequences of science and techlogy. This text provides an overview of this burgeoning field - the issues with which it deals, important influences that affect it, the challenges that it faces. It introduces readers to the research-based literature about science communication and shows how it relates to actual or potential practice. A Further Exploration section provides suggestions for activities that readers might do to explore the issues raised. Organized around five themes, each chapter addresses a different aspect of science communication: * Models of science communication - theory into practice * Challenges in communicating science * Major themes in science communication * Informal learning * Communication of contemporary issues in science and society Relevant for all those interested in and concerned about current issues and developments in science communication, this volume is an ideal text for courses and a must-have resource for faculty, students, and professionals in this field.
- Author BiographyJohn Gilbert is Professor Emeritus of The University of Reading, Visiting Professor of King's College London and Editor-in-Chief, International Journal of Science Education. Susan M. Stocklmayer is Professor of Science Communication and Director of the Australian National Centre for the Public Awareness of Science at the Australian National University. John Gilbert and Susan Stocklmayer are Joint Editors of International Journal of Science Education, Part B: Communication and Public Engagement.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication10/12/2012
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note7 black & white tables
- Weight453 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byProfessor John K. Gilbert,Susan M. Stocklmayer
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $35.07Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.