All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCommunication and Political Crisis explores the role of the global media in a period of intensifying geopolitical conflict. Through case studies drawn from domestic and international political crises such as the conflicts in the Middle East and Ukraine, leading media scholar Brian McNair argues that the digitized, globalized public sphere w confronted by all political actors has produced new opportunities for social progress and democratic reform, as well as new channels for state propaganda and terrorist spectaculars such as those performed by the Islamic State and Al Qaeda. In this major work, McNair argues that the role of digital communication will be crucial in determining the outcome of pressing global issues such as the future of feminism and gay rights, freedom of speech and media, and democracy itself.
- Author BiographyBrian McNair (PhD, University of Glasgow) is Professor of Journalism, Media and Communication at Queensland University of Technology, Brisbane, Australia. He is the author of twelve previous books, including Journalism and Democracy (2000) and An Introduction to Political Communication (5
th edition, 2011). His books have been translated into fourteen languages, including Russian, Spanish, Korean, Japanese, and Chinese.
- Author(s)Brian McNair
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication17/05/2016
- SubjectCommunication & Media
- Series TitleGlobal Crises and the Media
- Series Part/Volume Number16
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2016
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Weight390 g
- Width155 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edition StatementNew edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.87
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $39.30Trending at AU $40.08
- AU $34.17Trending at AU $35.13
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.01
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.