Communication in Organizations by Henk T. van der Molen, Yvonne Gramsbergen-Hoogland (Hardback, 2005)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $137.73+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $20.95+ AU $29.00 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.77Trending at AU $42.60
About this product
- DescriptionOne of the most important requirements of leadership is effective communication. The idea that some people are natural leaders and that others will never learn to show good leadership is w outdated. It has been replaced by the conviction that leadership and communication skills can be learnt. Providing a thorough introduction to skilled interpersonal communication, Communication in Organizations consists of three parts. Part I introduces basic communication skills, and makes a distinction between regulating skills, listening skills and sender skills. Part II considers a number of different dialogues: the interview used to gather information, the selection interview, the employment interview, the performance evaluation interview, the personal problems interview, handling complaints, breaking bad news, and the sales interview. Part III is dedicated to conversations in more complex group situations, discussing decision making, conflict management, negotiations and giving presentations. Practical examples and concrete conversations are used to give students and professionals straight-forward advice on key leadership skills, including motivating people, delegating tasks, leading meetings and overseeing projects. This book will appeal to undergraduate and postgraduate students of psychology as well as those studying business, ecomics, and the hospitality industry.
- Author BiographyHenk T. Van der Molen is professor of psychology at the Institute of Psychology at Erasmus University Rotterdam, The Netherlands and at the Open University of The Netherlands. He is (co-)author of more than 20 books and 100 articles and chapters, many which concern professional communication skills training. He was President of the Dutch Psychological Society from 1995-2003. Yvonne. H. Gramsbergen-Hoogland studied personality psychology at the University of Groningen. Thereafter she joined the faculty of Economics at the Hanzehogeschool of Groningen, where she was a trainer in interpersonal skills, developing several widely used programmes. She is involved as freelance trainer in human resources management and (co-)author of four books.
- Author(s)Henk T. van der Molen,Yvonne Gramsbergen-Hoogland
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication10/11/2005
- SubjectPsychology: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationHove
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPsychology Press Ltd
- Content Note7 black & white tables, 21 black & white line drawings
- Weight476 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Format DetailsPaper over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.