All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book offers a comprehensive guide to political campaign communication using functional theory as a framework. An authoritative account packed with real life examples from campaigns across the globe, the book examines all of the important variables in political campaign communication. Considering campaign media - from television spots and debates to candidate webpages and direct-mail advertising - it looks closely at news coverage of campaigns, and examines the sources of campaign messages, the various ways of responding to scandal, the process of voter decision-making, and the ways in which context affects a political campaign. Chapters consider a full range of races, from presidential to congressional to gubernatorial, and look at political campaigns in the United States and many other countries including France, Israel, South Korea, and Taiwan. Communication in Political Campaigns introduces readers to both theory and research on the topic, and is an ideal text for courses on political campaigns.
- Author BiographyThe Author: William L. Benoit received his Ph.D. in communication from Wayne State University. He is Professor of Communication at the University of Missouri, and is frequently called upon as an expert by the news media during political campaigns.
- Author(s)William L. Benoit
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/12/2006
- SubjectCommunication & Media
- Series TitleFrontiers in Political Communication
- Series Part/Volume Number11
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight640 g
- Width160 mm
- Height230 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $37.00Trending at AU $37.79
- AU $23.20Trending at AU $28.78
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.65
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.49
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $9.90
- AU $15.62Trending at AU $17.49
- AU $21.93Trending at AU $30.25
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.