All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume brings together a range of linguistic, sociological, and professional views on communication in surgical practice. It aims to provide an insight into the complexity of communication in surgery, covering the variety of communicative activities required in everyday surgical work.The selection of authors from a variety of interactive sociolinguistic disciplines in collaboration with clinicians explores a broad range of topics and the methodologies currently used to understand communication in surgical practice.The intended audience for this book includes surgeons, medical educators, communication researchers, linguists, sociologists, and others with an interest in surgical and medical communication.
- Author BiographySarah J. White is a linguist and qualitative health researcher. She is a Senior Lecturer at the Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences at Macquarie University, Sydney.John A. Cartmill is a colorectal surgeon, Associate Dean, Clinical, and Professor of Surgery at the Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences at Macquarie University, Sydney.
- PublisherEquinox Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication01/02/2016
- SubjectSurgery: Professional
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEquinox Publishing Ltd
- Content Note48 figures
- Weight236 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Edited byJohn A. Cartmill,Sarah-Jane White
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $191.05New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.93New
- AU $93.61Used
- AU $93.61New
- AU $101.72New
- AU $81.15New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.20
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.64
- AU $39.00Trending at AU $50.36
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $74.31
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $109.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.