All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book won the 2014 National Communication Association's Diamond Anniversary Book Award This book received the 2014 Gerald R. Miller Outstanding Book Award from the Interpersonal Communication Division of the National Communication Association and the National Communication Association - Communication and Social Cognition Division - 2013 Distinguished Book Award Informed by a wide variety of academic disciplines and offering a unique interpersonal communication approach to the study of jealousy, The Communication of Jealousy examines, integrates, and informs research on jealousy experience and expression. The book's integration and interpretation of academic jealousy research is through a jealousy expression lens, meaning that the focus will be particularly, but t exclusively, on jealousy research that includes a behavioral or communicative component that is drawn from a number of academic disciplines as diverse as communication, social and clinical psychology, sociology, crimilogy, forensic anthropology, and the biological sciences. To date, academic book has considered jealousy primarily from an interpersonal communication perspective; in doing so, this book effectively connects jealousy research from related academic disciplines and develops a theory that advances the state of jealousy expression research.
- Author BiographyJennifer L. Bevan (PhD, University of Georgia) is an associate professor of communication studies at Chapman University. Her research examines difficult interactions such as jealousy, serial arguments, uncertainty, and distance caregiving. She has published over 35 articles in such journals as Communication Monographs, Human Communication Research, and Communication Research.
- Author(s)Jennifer L. Bevan
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/01/2013
- SubjectCommunication & Media
- Series TitleLanguage as Social Action
- Series Part/Volume Number15
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Weight460 g
- Width155 mm
- Height230 mm
- Edition Statement1st New edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.40
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.73
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.12
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.27
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.08
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $39.86
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $34.94
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.