All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPart of suffering from an illness is the fear of t kwing what might happen. One needs information about the illness, about treatments, and about the outcome. Patients appreciate when their automy is respected and they are given options to choose from. But for them to find the right choice is often like looking in the dark, to find a path they never took before. No one is in a better position than the doctor to shed light on the paths and to guide them for the best choice to make. This book describes what a patient needs to kw and what the doctor needs to communicate to enable the patient to make choices that are rational, based on medical standards, and can best lead to recovery. Such communication takes time, can be arduous, yet it is a doctor's duty and is essential for a harmonious doctor-patient relationship.
- Author BiographyThe author is Professor of Neurology and Neurosurgery at The University of Chicago.
- Author(s)Javad Hekmat-Panah M D
- Date of Publication23/04/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight318 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $101.34
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $79.83
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.49
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $71.54
- AU $61.99Trending at AU $63.88
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $99.78
- AU $89.90Trending at AU $112.50
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.