All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.78Trending at AU $42.60
About this product
- DescriptionWhat is a sustainable community? The pressing need to answer this simple question is what prompted John Pierce and Ann Dale to gather the essays in this volume. Communities, Development, and Sustainability across Canada is a timely synthesis of work on how Canadian communities can achieve sustainable development. It bridges the gap between theory and praxis and brings together academics, policy makers, and community activists, all of whom have argued for increased local participation in sustainable community development. Communities have become the weak link in efforts to refashion relations between the environment and the ecomy. The goal of this book is t simply to describe problems but also to suggest answers, t simply to offer theory but also to promote action, so that Canadian communities can better achieve sustainable development.
- Author BiographyJohn T. Pierce teaches in the Department of Geography and is Dean of Arts at Simon Fraser University. Ann Dale is Senior Associate at the Sustainable Development Research Institute of the University of British Columbia and Vice-President, Research, of the Canadian Biodiversity Institute in Ottawa.
- Author(s)Ann Dale,John T. Pierce
- PublisherUniversity of British Columbia Press
- Date of Publication01/06/1999
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Series TitleSustainability & the Environment
- Place of PublicationVancouver
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintUniversity of British Columbia Press
- Content Notefigures, maps, tables
- Weight599 g
- Width3887 mm
- Height5817 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.