All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn a world in which social divisions are widening t lessening, it is essential for community development, or any other practice committed to social justice and sustainability, to understand how power works at every level, from grassroots projects to movements for change. This exciting and practical book is filled to the brim with useful ideas for busy practitioners. Building on the work of Paulo Freire, theories are presented in interesting and straightforward ways to provide an everyday reference for practice. Contained in these pages is all you need to give your practice a critical edge!
- Author BiographyMargaret is Emeritus Professor of Community Development and Social Justice at the University of Cumbria. She is also on the coordinating group of the international Collaborative Action Research Network. Experience as a primary teacher and adult literacy tutor in Birmingham followed by many years in grassroots practice with communities led to a lifelong commitment to social justice. Margaret is the author of the award-winning book Community Development: A critical approach (Policy Press, 2011).
- Author(s)Margaret Ledwith
- PublisherPolicy Press
- Date of Publication16/12/2015
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationBristol
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPolicy Press
- Weight363 g
- Width172 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $75.71New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.41Trending at AU $23.51
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.22
- AU $88.13Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $75.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.