Community Health Nursing Test Success: an Unfolding Case Study Review by Frances H. Cornelius, Ruth A. Wittman-Price (Paperback, 2013)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $63.45Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by blackwelloxford
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $1,208.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis invative case study review for community health nursing students features a unique format that facilitates active learning through the use of unfolding case studies. Unlike other content review books, it builds content right into vivid case studies to foster greater retention of the material. Additionally, because these case studies evolve over time, they mimic real-life situations and help students to develop critical thinking and organisational skills. The review features, in great depth, the spectrum of requisite community health nursing information with the inclusion of current Quality & Safety Education (QSEN) competencies. It covers patient-centred care, teamwork and collaboration, evidence-based practice, quality improvement, safety, and informatics. The review is enhanced by such mobile device resources as PubMed and AHRQ guidelines to simulate the method nurses currently use to access clinical information. These web links and resources are incorporated into the unfolding cases to further replicate realistic clinical situations in which the point-of-care/point-of-need access to information is used for decision support. Community Health Nursing Test Success will serve as both a course review and NCLEX-RN review with embedded links to access further information. It includes over 200 NCLEX-style questions in a variety of formats. Key Features:Uses unfolding case studies to mimic actual practice situationsEmbeds content into unfolding case studies to facilitate active learningUses mobile device resources to simulate a true clinical environmentServes as both a course review and an NCLEX-RN reviewBuilds web links and resources into unfolding case studies to replicate realistic clinical situations
- Author BiographyFrances H. Cornelius, PhD, MSN, RN-BC, CNE, is Associate Clinical Professor, Chair of the MSN Advanced Practice Role Department, and Coordinator of Informatics Projects at Drexel University, College of Nursing and Health Professions, USA. She is a certified nurse informaticist and has been the recipient of several grants. Dr. Cornelius has collaborated on the development of mobile applications as Coordinator of Informatics Projects including the Patient Assessment and Care Plan Development (PACPD) tool, which is a PDA tool with a Web-based companion, and Gerontology Reasoning Informatics Programs (the GRIP project). She is co-Editor of Cornelius/Gallagher-Gordon, PDA Connections (LWW), an innovative textbook designed to teach healthcare professionals how to use mobile devices for 'point-of-care' access of information, and Maternal-Child Test Success Through Unfolding Case Study Review (2011). She has written 6 book chapters and has published 19 journal articles on her work. Dr. Cornelius has delivered numerous peer-reviewed presentations in the US, Spain, Canada, and Korea. Ruth A. Wittmann-Price is chairperson and professor at Francis Marion University department of nursing in South Carolina, USA. Ruth A. Wittmann-Price has been an obstetrical/women's health nurse for 32 years. She received her AAS & BSN degree from Felician College in Lodi NJ (1978, 1981) and her MS as a Perinatal CNS from Columbia University, NYC (1983). Ruth completed her PhD at Widener University, Chester (2006) and was awarded the Dean's Award for Excellence. She developed a mid-range nursing theory Emancipated Decision-making in Women's Health Care . Besides continuing her research about decisional science, she studies developmental outcomes of preterm infants. She has also been the Director of Nursing Research for Hahnemann University Hospital (2007 - 2010) to oversee all evidence-based practice projects for nursing. Hahnemann University Hospital was awarded initial Magnet status (AACN) in December of 2009. Ruth has taught all levels of nursing students over the past 15 years (AAS, BSN, MSN and DNP) and completed an international service-learning trip (2007) to rural Mexico with undergraduate nursing and physician assistant students. She was the coordinator for the Nurse Educator track in DrNP program at Drexel University in Philadelphia (2007 - 2010) and sits on four dissertation committees. Ruth is co-editor and chapter contributor of five books, Nursing Education: Foundations for Practice Excellence (2007) Philadelphia: F. A. Davis. (AJN Book of the Year Award winner 2007) and The Certified Nurse Examination (CNE) Review Manual (2012), Springer Publishing, NYC, NCLEX-RN EXCEL Test Success through Unfolding Case Study Review, Maternal-Child Nursing Test Success: An Unfolding case Study Review (2012); Fundamentals Nursing Test Success: An Unfolding Case Study Review (2013); and Nursing Concept Care Maps for Safe Patient Care (2013): F. A. Davis. She has published chapters, The Newborn at Risk (2009) in Maternal-Child Nursing Care: Optimizing Outcomes for Mothers, Children, and Families (Ward, S. & Hinsley, S. Eds.). Philadelphia: F. A. Davis, a section in Giving through Teaching: How Nurse Educators are Changing the World (Fitzpatrick, Shultz, & Aiken, Eds.), NYC: NLN & Springer Publishers and over 20 journal articles.
- Author(s)Frances H. Cornelius,Ruth A. Wittman-Price
- PublisherSpringer Publishing Co Inc
- Date of Publication30/06/2013
- SubjectMedical Nursing & Ancillary Services
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer Publishing Co Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight558 g
- Width179 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.66Trending at AU $110.48
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $35.44Trending at AU $40.48
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $78.90
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $23.81
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $48.75
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.