Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.71Trending at AU $42.64
About this product
- DescriptionMethadone has been used successfully as a substitution agent for heroin dependency for more than 30 years. As a result of its success, other effective methods of treatment have been neglected. Established as a key text on all treatment options for drug misusers, Community Treatment of Drug Misuse: More Than Methadone has been highly praised for its practical orientation based on a solid research background. For the second edition, all the main evidence-based and more pragmatic treatment approaches are reviewed, t only in the management of opiate dependence, but across the range of drugs. It focuses extensively on developments in the last few years as a result of policy initiatives and research findings, including coverage of buprerphine treatment, the systematic treatment of cocaine abuse and work with special patient groups. This is of direct relevance to medical as well as n-medical practitioners undertaking clinical work in the addictions.
- Author BiographyNicholas Seivewright is Consultant Psychiatrist in Substance Misuse, Sheffield and Nottinghamshire NHS Trusts, UK.
- Author(s)Nicholas Seivewright
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication14/05/2009
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note21 tables
- Weight420 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.