All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCompTIA A+ Cert Guide is a comprehensive guide to the new A+ exams from CompTIA. This book combines the learning and reference tools of the all-time best-selling PC repair book with comprehensive learning on all the A+ exams. It has been fully upated for the new 2015 objectives just added to the A+ exams. This book will help any A+ candidate ace the new exams with guidance from three of the most talented authors in the PC hardware industry. They t only show the reader what they need to pass the tests, but also what they need to apply their learning in the real world. The book is rich with learning and exam preparation features. Hands-on lab exercises, real-world test preparation advice, and the CD accompanying the book allow for at-home practice using electronic test engines, lab exercises, and study tes. Each chapter takes a ground-up approach - starting with the essentials and gradually building to larger, more complex concepts. Beginners will be at ease with this book. Loaded with informative illustrations, photos and screen captures that help readers follow along, the book also includes a handy objectives index that maps each test objective to the section of the book in which that objective is covered. This invaluable tool will help readers be certain that they are ready for test day!
- Author BiographyMark Edward Soper has been working with PCs since the days of the IBM PC/XT and AT as a salesperson, technology advisor, consultant, experimenter, and technology writer and content creator. Since 1992, he has taught thousands of students across the country how to repair, manage, and troubleshoot the hardware, software, operating systems, and firmware inside their PCs. He has created many versions of his experimental computer known as FrankenPC for this and previous books. Mark earned his CompTIA A+ Certification in 1999 and has written five other A+ Certification books covering previous versions of the A+ Certification exams for Pearson imprints. Mark is also the creator of Building and Repairing PCs (Que Video). Mark has contributed to many editions of Upgrading and Repairing PCs, working on the 11th through 18th and 20th through 22nd editions; co-authored Upgrading and Repairing Networks, Fifth Edition; and has written two books about digital photography, Easy Digital Cameras and The Shot Doctor: The Amateur s Guide to Taking Great Digital Photos. In addition, Mark has written Easy Windows 10, Easy Windows 8.1, Easy Windows 8, Easy Microsoft Windows 7, and Sams Teach Yourself Microsoft Windows 7 in 10 Minutes. He also wrote two books about Windows Vista: Maximum PC Microsoft Windows Vista Exposed and Unleashing Microsoft Windows Vista Media Center. Mark has also contributed to Que s Special Edition Using series on Windows Me, Windows XP, and Windows Vista and to Que s Windows 7 In Depth. Mark has also created a number of hardware tutorial videos available from the OnGadgets&Hardware podcast channel at www.quepublishing. com. Mark has also written many blog entries and articles for MaximumPC.com and Maximum PC magazine. He currently teaches Microsoft Office for University of Southern Indiana and Ivy Tech Corporate College in Evansville, Indiana, and also has taught A+ Certification and other technology-related subjects at Ivy Tech Community College. See Mark s website at www.markesoper. com for news and information about upcoming projects.
- Author(s)David L. Prowse,Mark Edward Soper,Scott Mueller
- PublisherPearson Education (US)
- Date of Publication30/06/2016
- FormatMixed media product
- SubjectComputing: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationUpper Saddle River
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPearson IT Certification
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1000 g
- Width187 mm
- Height232 mm
- Spine48 mm
- Contained items statementContains CD-ROM and Hardback
- Edition Statement4th Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.50Trending at AU $111.86
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.82Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.51
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $23.98
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.13
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.