All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCompTIA Network+ Certification Study Guide: Exam N10-004, Second Edition, offers a practical guide for those interested in pursuing CompTIA Network+ certification. It presents the fundamental termilogy needed to perform duties as a network technician and to pass the CompTIA Network+ exam. The book begins with a brief history of the development of networks, including their origins and where they are heading. It describes network models such as centralized and decentralized, and distinguishes between a local area network (LAN) and a wide area network (WAN). The discussions include cable connections and termination for the Network+ exam; the meaning of convergence; and the most common network devices being used on small and large networks, including the Internet. The role of switches in improving network functionality and enhancing security is described. The book also contains chapters on wireless networking; Open Systems Interconnection (OSI) model; Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol (TCP/IP); wide area network (WAN) techlogies; network security; and network management and troubleshooting. * New to this edition in accordance with the newly revised exam is an intensified focus on network security* Two NEW practice exams to help eliminate test-day jitters* Tiered chapter ending questions that allow for graduated learning* Covers everything from test taking techniques to advanced topics - keeping the beginner and intermediate IT professional in mind* Layout of the guide parallels the Network+ N10-004 objectives for ease of study
- Author BiographyRob Shimonski (www.shimonski.com) is an experienced entrepreneur and an active participant in the business community. Rob is a best-selling author and editor with over 15 years experience developing, producing and distributing print media in the form of books, magazines and periodicals. To date, Rob has successfully created over 100 books that are currently in circulation. Rob has worked for countless companies to include CompTIA, Entrepreneur Magazine, Microsoft, McGraw Hill Education, Cisco, the National Security Agency and Digidesign. Rob has an extremely diverse background in the print media industry filling roles such as author, co-author, technical editor, copy editor and developmental editor. Since print media shifted to the digital domain, Rob has focused the past decade on developing all of the needed skills to produce professional audio and video media. An expert in Digital Audio Workstation (DAW) design and video production, Rob has created over 500 different media packages to include commercials for TV, online advertising clips, audio podcasts and much more. Rob started to train others while in the US Marine Corps. Since, Rob has held a NY State teaching certificate as well as multiple trainer roles in colleges and trade schools across the world. Naomi Alpern currently works for Microsoft as a consultant specializing in unified communications. She holds many Microsoft certifications, including an MCSE and MCT, as well as additional industry certifications such as Citrix Certified Enterprise Administrator, Security+, Network+, and A+. Since the start of her technical career she has worked in many facets of the technology world, including IT administration, technical training, and most recently, full-time consulting. Michael Cross is a SharePoint Administrator and Developer, and has worked in the areas of software development, Web design, hardware installation/repairs, database administration, graphic design, and network administration. Working for law enforcement, he is part of an Information Technology team that provides support to over 1,000 civilian and uniformed users. His theory is that when the users carry guns, you tend to be more motivated in solving their problems. Michael has a diverse background in technology. He was the first computer forensic analyst for a local police service, and performed digital forensic examinations on computers involved in criminal investigations. Over five years, he recovered and examined evidence involved in a wide range of crimes, inclusive to homicides, fraud, and possession of child pornography. In addition to this, he successfully tracked numerous individuals electronically, as in cases involving threatening e-mail. He has consulted and assisted in numerous cases dealing with computer-related/Internet crimes and served as an expert witness on computers for criminal trials. In 2007, he was awarded a Police Commendation for work he did in developing a system to track local high-risk offenders and sexual offenders. With extensive experience in Web design and Internet-related technologies, Michael has created and maintained numerous Web sites and implementations of Microsoft SharePoint. This has included public Web sites, private ones on corporate intranets, and solutions that integrate them. In doing so, he has incorporated and promoted social networking features, created software to publish press releases online, and developed a wide variety of solutions that make it easier to get work done. Michael has been a freelance writer and technical editor on over four dozen I.T. related books, as well as writing material for other genres. He previously taught as an instructor and has written courseware for IT training courses. He has also made presentations on Internet safety, SharePoint and other topics related to computers and the Internet. Despite his experience as a speaker, he still finds his wife won't listen to him. Over the years, Michael has acquired a number
- Author(s)Dustin Fritz,Michael Cross,Mohan Krishnamurthy,Naomi Alpern,Robert Shimonski,Scott Sweitzer
- PublisherSyngress Media,U.S.
- Date of Publication12/08/2009
- SubjectComputing: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationRockland, MA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSyngress Media,U.S.
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight1340 g
- Width191 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine40 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.73Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.78
- AU $11.63Trending at AU $21.86
- AU $28.00Trending at AU $30.37
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.