All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBlending algebra, analysis, and topology, the study of compact Lie groups is one of the most beautiful areas of mathematics and a key stepping stone to the theory of general Lie groups. Assuming prior kwledge of Lie groups, this book covers the structure and representation theory of compact Lie groups. Coverage includes the construction of the Spin groups, Schur Orthogonality, the Peter-Weyl Theorem, the Plancherel Theorem, the Maximal Torus Theorem, the Commutator Theorem, the Weyl Integration and Character Formulas, the Highest Weight Classification, and the Borel-Weil Theorem. The book develops the necessary Lie algebra theory with a streamlined approach focusing on linear Lie groups.
- Author(s)Mark R. Sepanski
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication19/12/2006
- Series TitleGraduate Texts in Mathematics
- Series Part/Volume Numberv.235
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight485 g
- Width155 mm
- Height233 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $24.97Trending at AU $34.99
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $34.74
- AU $39.51Trending at AU $40.18
- AU $40.67Trending at AU $41.34
- AU $36.57Trending at AU $37.25
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.