All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.56
About this product
- DescriptionToday the practice of urban design has forged a distinctive identity with applications at many different scales - ranging from the block or street scale to the scale of metropolitan and regional landscapes. Urban design interfaces many aspects of contemporary public policy - multiculturalism, healthy cities, environmental justice, ecomic development, climate change, energy conservations, protection of natural environments, sustainable development, community liveability, and the like. The field w comprises a core body of kwledge that enfolds a right history of ideas, paradigms, principles, tools, research and applications, enriched by electric influences from the humanities, and social and natural sciences. Companion to Urban Design includes more than fifty original contributions from internationally recognized authorities in the field. These contributions address the following questions: What are the important ideas that have shaped the field and the current practice of urban design? What are the major methods and processes that have influenced the practice of urban design at various scales? What are the current invations relevant to the pedagogy of urban design? What are the lingering debates, conflicts ad contradictions in the theory and practice of urban design? How could urban design respond to the contemporary challenges of climate change, sustainability, active living initiatives, globalization, and the like? What are the significant disciplinary influences on the theory, research and practice of urban design in recent times? There has never before been a more authoritative and comprehensive companion that includes core, foundational and pioneering ideas and concepts of urban design. This book serves as an invaluable guide for undergraduate and postgraduate students, future professionals, and practitioners interested in architecture, landscape architecture, and urban planning, but also in urban studies, urban affairs, geography, and related fields.
- Author BiographyTridib Banerjee holds the James Irvine Chair in Urban and Regional Planning at the University of Southern California School of Policy, Planning and Development. His research focuses on the design and planning of the built environment and the related human and social consequences. In particular, he is interested in the political economy of urban development, and the effects of globalization in the transformation of urban form and urbanism from a comparative international perspective. Anastasia Loukaitou-Sideris is Professor of Urban Design at the University of California, Los Angeles, Department of Urban Planning. Her research focuses on the public environment of the city, its design, social meaning, and impact on urban residents. In particular, her work is characterized by a user focus in that she seeks to analyze and understand the built environment from the perspective of those who live and work there.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication27/01/2011
- SubjectGeography & Earth Science: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note21 black & white illustrations, 19 black & white tables, 75 black & white halftones, 5 black & white line drawings
- Weight1564 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine38 mm
- Edited byAnastasia Loukaitou-Sideris,Tridib Banerjee
- Format DetailsPaper over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.