All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionRewned author and educator Alan Wolfelt redefines the role of the grief counsellor in this guide for caregivers to grieving children. Providing a viable alternative to the limitations of the medical establishments model for companioning the bereaved, Wolfelt encourages counsellors and other caregivers to aspire to a more compassionate philosophy in which the child is the expert of his or her grief -- t the counsellor or caregiver. The approach outlined in the book argues against treating grief as an illness to be diagsed and treated but rather for ackwledging it as an event that forever changes a child's worldview. By promoting careful listening and observation, this guide shows caregivers, family members, teachers, and others how to support grieving children and help them grow into healthy adults.
- Author BiographyAlan D. Wolfelt, PhD, serves as the director of the Center for Loss and Life Transition. He writes the Children and Grief column for Bereavement Magazine and has appeared on Larry King Live, The Oprah Winfrey Show, and Today. He is the author of Healing a Teen's Grieving Heart, Healing Your Grieving Heart, and Understanding Your Grief. He lives in Fort Collins, Colorado.
- Author(s)Alan D. Wolfelt
- PublisherCompanion Press,US
- Date of Publication07/08/2012
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationFort Collins, CO
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCompanion Press,US
- Weight388 g
- Width155 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.68Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.14Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $50.28Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.15Trending at AU $35.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.