Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.17
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.61
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.78
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.54
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $29.53
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.62
About this product
- DescriptionComparative Federalism: A Systematic Inquiry, Second Edition is a uniquely comprehensive, analytic, and genuinely comparative introduction to the principles and practices, as well as the institutional compromises, of federalism. Hueglin and Fenna draw from their diverse research on federal systems to focus on four main models-America, Canada, Germany, and the European Union-but also to range widely over other cases. At the heart of the book is careful analysis of the relationship between constitutional design and amendment, fiscal relations, institutional structures, intergovernmental relations, and judicial review. Such analysis serves the dual role of helping the reader understand federalism and providing a comparative framework from which to assess the record of federal systems. The second edition has been extensively revised and updated, taking into account new developments in federal systems and incorporating insights from the growing body of literature in the field. It includes two new chapters, Fiscal Federalism and The Limits of Federalism.
- Author BiographyThomas O. Hueglin is Professor of Political Science at Wilfrid Laurier University, Canada. He has published widely on federalism and the history of political thought. He has also served as UN adviser to the Constitutional Drafting Commission of the Republic of Yemen. Alan Fenna is Professor of Politics at the John Curtin Institute of Public Policy, Curtin University, Western Australia. He is the author of a range of journal articles, book chapters, and reports on economic policy, social policy, constitutional issues, and federalism.
- Author(s)Alan Fenna,Thomas O. Hueglin
- PublisherUniversity of Toronto Press
- Date of Publication24/08/2015
- SubjectPolitics: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationToronto
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintUniversity of Toronto Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight730 g
- Width159 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.