All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $26.57Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $22.05
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.51
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $29.90
About this product
- DescriptionDecision-making is at the heart of governing and governance, and is a more challenging task compared to just a few decades ago as a result of increasing social complexity and globalization. In this book, B. Guy Peters and Jon Pierre propose a new framework for the comparative analysis of governance, arguing that government remains a central actor in governance. By articulating the functionalist dimension of governance they show how goal setting, resource mobilization, decision-making, implementation and feedback can be performed by a combination of different types of actors. Even so, effective governance requires a leading role for government. The framework is also applied to a taxomy of governance arrangements and national styles of governing. Comparative Governance advances our kwledge about governance failure and how forms of governance may change. It also significantly strengthens the theory of governance, showing how governance can be studied conceptually as well as empirically.
- Author BiographyB. Guy Peters earned his PhD at Michigan State University and has four honorary doctorates from European universities. He is the author or editor of over 70 books in comparative politics, public administration and public policy. He was the founding co-editor of Governance and the European Political Science Review and is the founding president of the International Public Policy Association. Jon Pierre received his PhD from the University of Lund in 1986. He is the author or editor of more than 30 books and numerous journal articles. He is a former co-editor of Governance, and former associate editor of the European Political Science Review and the Urban Affairs Review. His research is focused on public administration, governance, and urban politics.
- Author(s)B. Guy Peters,Jon Pierre
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication07/09/2016
- SubjectPolitics & Government: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note2 tables
- Weight380 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.