Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.60
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.15
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $29.65
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a thoroughly revised and updated tenth edition of the classic text in the field of comparative politics. Now co-authored by John McCormick, this comprehensive and lively text continues to introduce students to the key concepts, approaches and arguments that will enable them to successfully compare the fundamentals, structures and processes of political systems across the globe. Taking full account of the institutions of government and the different political cultures that both influence and are impacted by political developments, the authors offer detailed analysis of democracies and authoritarian regimes. This edition includes a much wider range of international case studies, particularly expanded to include more from Latin America and Africa and to reflect the emerging powers on the world stage. The book is also newly supported by a variety of carefully designed supporting features: * Spotlights on individual countries offer profiles of the different types of political systems around the world * Chapter Previews, Overviews, Key Arguments, Discussion Questions and Further Reading help consolidate kwledge * New Focus boxes give more insight into important issues discussed in the text * Key Concepts are defined throughout the text in a concise and easily digestible style. This rewned text is the essential, and accessible, introduction to the study of comparative politics for students of political science everywhere.
- Author BiographyRod Hague was formerly Senior Lecturer in Politics, University of Newcastle, UK. Martin Harrop was formerly Senior Lecturer in Politics, University of Newcastle, UK. John McCormick is Jean Monnet Professor of European Union Politics at Indiana University-Purdue University Indianapolis, USA. Other recent books by John include European Union Politics, 2nd Edition (2015, Palgrave), Understanding the European Union, 6th Edition (2015, Palgrave), and Why Europe Matters (2013, Palgrave).
- Author(s)John McCormick,Martin Harrop,Rod Hague
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication03/03/2016
- SubjectPolitics & Government: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleComparative Government and Politics
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published1982
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Note68 figures, 56 colour tables, 5 maps
- Weight1000 g
- Width192 mm
- Height252 mm
- Spine1 mm
- Edition Statement10th New edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.