All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe United States has uncritically exported its law and policy on gender violence without regard to effectiveness or cultural context, and without asking what we might learn from efforts to combat gender violence in the rest of the world. This book asks that question. Comparative Perspectives on Gender Violence: Lessons From Efforts Worldwide documents the global scope of gender violence, from countries where the legal response is just emerging to countries with longstanding law and policy regimes. Informed by international human rights law, Comparative Perspectives on Gender Violence examines policy successes and failures and grassroots efforts to elicit a robust and proactive response from China to Chile. From the work of local activists to stem the tide of sexual and intimate partner violence after the Haitian earthquake of 2005, to the efforts to eradicate dowry-related violence in India, to the public education campaigns to prevent domestic violence in Scotland, Comparative Perspectives on Gender Violence offers a comprehensive vision of efforts around the world to eradicate gender based violence. Featuring the work of leading gender violence academics and activists around the world, Comparative Perspectives on Gender Violence provides a new lens through which to consider U.S. efforts to address gender violence.
- Author BiographyLeigh Goodmark, JD from Standford University School of Law, is a professor of law, director of Clinical Education and Family Law Clinic, and co-director of the Center on Applied Feminism at the University of Baltimore School of Law.Rashmi Goel, LLB, JSM, and current JSD candidate at Stanford University School of Law, is an associate professor of comparative and criminal law at the University of Denver Sturm College of Law.
- PublisherOxford University Press Inc
- Date of Publication10/09/2015
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Series TitleInterpersonal Violence
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOxford University Press Inc
- Weight456 g
- Width172 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byLeigh Goodmark,Rashmi Goel
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.82Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.02
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
- AU $57.88Trending at AU $63.53
- AU $19.95Trending at AU $20.35
- AU $16.96Trending at AU $23.43
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.