All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is the fi rst work that systematically applies the comparative method to the study of social policy and administration. After a full discussion of this approach in the introduction, the book offers three authoritative national studies-France, Norway, Canada-each giving a rounded picture of social policy and administration in the particular country. Social needs, resources, and forms of social administration are related to the most signifi cant social, demographic, ecomic, and political factors of the area in question. The authors trace the development of social policies and indicate the direction these policies are likely to take in the future. Comparisons between problems and solutions in all three countries, as well as in Great Britain and the United States are made throughout.
- Author BiographyBarbara N. Rodgers was a reader in social administration at the University of Manchester, England. She has been teaching comparative studies there for more than twenty years and has studied and published widely on the social services of Britain, Canada, France, and the USA. John Greve was Senior Lecturer in Social Administration at the University of Southampton, England. John S. Morgan was Dean of the School of Social Work, University of Pennsylvania. His books include Welfare and Wisdom.
- Author(s)Barbara Noel Rodgers,John Greve,John S. Morgan
- PublisherTransaction Publishers
- Date of Publication30/07/2007
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationSomerset
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight514 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementNew edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.65New
- AU $20.61New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $125.99Trending at AU $127.76
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $56.80Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.25Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.