All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.01Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $13.42Trending at AU $20.05
- AU $30.43Trending at AU $31.31
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.14
- AU $14.83Trending at AU $17.90
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.62
About this product
- DescriptionThis book collects most of the papers presented in a symposium on curriculum research held in Zurich in December 1999. The contributions focus on curriculum-making between national and global codes, between politics and educational practice, between top-down control and bottom-up agreement. They look at curriculum-making as an enterprise of educational practitioners and they try to link the political and technical aspects of curriculum-making. While curriculum-making traditionally tends to stress a specific, national selection of educational goals and contents, it cant neglect the existence of a global educational code as well as the pressures exerted on the selection of school kwledge and forms of school organisation by the global market. Do the global (cultural) code and the need for adaptation to globalisation reinforce a trend towards the convergence of different national educational systems in general and their curriculum-making processes in particular?
- Author BiographyThe Editors: Moritz Rosenmund is head of the R&D department of the Pestalozzianum Zurich. Most recently he has been engaged in research on both school development as an adaptation to growing multiculturalism in Swiss schools and participation in curriculum-making. Anna-Verena Fries is research assistant at the Pestalozzianum Zurich, Institute for teacher education, research and development. She is engaged in curriculum research and in curriculum-making processes. Werner Heller is responsible for in-service training of teachers and members of local authorities for schools at the Pestalozzianum Zurich. He was engaged in several projects of the OECD and the Council of Europe in the field of education.
- Author(s)Anna-Verena Fries,Moritz Rosenmund
- PublisherVerlag Peter Lang
- Date of Publication01/09/2002
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleExplorationen Studien zur Erziehungswissenschaft
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 34
- Place of PublicationPieterlen
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintVerlag Peter Lang
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight470 g
- Width140 mm
- Height210 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.