All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHigh-risk pregnancies are increasing and form a significant proportion of the pregnant patient population. Compendium for the Antenatal Care of High-Risk Pregnancies takes a unique approach to over 140 conditions, combining 'Fact Files', 'Care Pathways', and 'Information for Patients' in one volume. The book is designed to provide a practical and accessible individualised framework of information for doctors in busy clinical environments, and to integrate the specialist care offered to women with high-risk pregnancies. For each condition, the book covers vital points on risk reduction, clinical governance, discussion with patients, and required documentation. This is important in a litigious environment with high patient expectations, and demonstrates how clinical governance and risk management are interwoven in daily clinical practice. The model care pathways are designed as clear, practical templates, ensuring the best care for the patient, while ensuring that visits, staff time, and resources are t wasted. The information for patients section is a valuable resource for busy staff, especially as it is increasingly important that patients are informed participants in their care. Following current RCOG and NICE guidance, the book is heavily referenced and evidence-based, resulting in a reliable resource for obstetricians of all grades. Due to its integrated approach, the book is beneficial to midwives, and any specialists from other disciplines involved in the care of patients with high-risk pregnancies.
- Author BiographyDr. Harini Narayan has worked in the NHS for more than three decades, 21 years of which have been as Consultant Obstetrician and Gynaecologist and Lead Obstetrician. As Senior Lecturer / Honorary Consultant in the University Hospitals of Leicester (1994-97),she also headed an EC funded multi-centric research in fetal neurology. She is Lead Obstetrician at the Great Western Hospitals Foundation Trust in Swindon, UK (1997-to date), heading maternal medicine, high risk obstetrics and clinical risk management. Dr. Narayan is a preceptor/ supervisor for the RCOG ATSMs in Maternal Medicine, Advanced antenatal and labour ward practice and Honorary Consultant in Feto-Maternal Medicine in Oxford. She has received several accolades, national and international, for her work in restructuring antenatal care for high-risk pregnancies, including the Health Foundations Shine Innovation award (2010), UK All-Party Parliamentary Maternity Service award (2011), HSJ awards etc. This model for complex pregnancy care has been adapted by several maternity units and is a permanent case study in Value in Healthcare module in Harvard, USA where she has been an invited speaker.
- Author(s)Harini Narayan
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication30/07/2015
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1144 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine31 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $126.09New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.71New
- AU $93.44Used
- AU $101.53New
- AU $78.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.05
- AU $87.90Trending at AU $89.13
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.49
- AU $38.81Trending at AU $50.27
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $74.17
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.86
- AU $22.63Trending at AU $23.24
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.