All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.89
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $71.21Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.39
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $14.06
About this product
- DescriptionCompetency-based training is a unique approach to training design that builds and enhances individual competencies in line with previously identified profiles of success. This training helps fill the gap between workers' actual performance and their ideal performance. Competency-Based Training Basics shows readers how to assess which competencies are important to an organization and individual positions, and how to design training around those competencies.
- Author BiographyWilliam J. Rothwell, PhD, SPHR, is the president of Rothwell & Associates (www.rothwellandassociates.com) and professor in the Workforce Education and Development Program at the University Park campus of Penn State University. As a researcher he has been involved with the last five competency studies conducted by Association for Talent Development (ATD, formerly ASTD). In 2012 he won the association's prestigious Distinguished Contribution Award. He is author of 81 books and 250 articles in the field and had 20 years of experience in government and the private sector before becoming a college professor in 1993. Jim M. Graber is an organizational psychologist with over 30 years of experience in private and public sector organizations, including many Fortune 500 firms. As president of Business Decisions, his current areas of expertise include competency modeling, career development, performance management, and employee assessment and certification.Graber has taught at the graduate and undergraduate level for three universities, frequently presents at conferences, and has contributed to countless professional journals and books. A born innovator, he spearheaded the development of Focus Software, a comprehensive talent and performance management solution used worldwide.Graber holds a PhD in psychology from Claremont Graduate University and resides in the Chicago area.
- PublisherAmerican Society for Training & Development
- Date of Publication15/10/2010
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationEnglewood Cliffs, NJ
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintASTD Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight399 g
- Width188 mm
- Height237 mm
- Spine11 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.