Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.02Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $16.41Trending at AU $22.77
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.62
- AU $14.83Trending at AU $17.90
- AU $25.99Trending at AU $32.06
About this product
- DescriptionUniquely multi-perspective, the anthology juxtaposes the recorded experiences and views of participants on the opposing sides in the Crusades. Each chapter focuses on an event, such as the Crusader massacre of the inhabitants of Jerusalem in 1099 and the Siege of Damascus in 1148, and is supported by commentary. Including some sources never before translated into English, the collection applies new perspectives to a popular and much-studied topic. In tone and range, the anthology occupies the middle ground between flimsy popular works lacking source analysis and heavy-duty scholarly works too narrow in scope to appeal to anyone but the specialist. It is perfect for college undergraduates, high school students and readers with a general interest in medieval history. The carefully-chosen contrasting contemporary views of key events, including eyewitness accounts, memoirs and elite views, are laid out in a clear and easy-to-follow format with introductory texts and contextual tes. Together, they provide a unique introduction to the most controversial events of the crusades, allowing readers to formulate their own opinions of them.
- Author BiographyANDREW HOLT is Adjunct Professor of History at the University of North Florida. He is a contributor of various articles to the forthcoming Handbook of Medieval Studies: Concepts, Methods, and Trends in Medieval Studies (Ed. Albrecht Classen. Berlin: de Gruyter). JAMES MULDOON is Professor Emeritus of Rutgers University-Camden. His many books include The Expansion of Europe: the First Phase (1977), Popes, Lawyers, and Infidels: The Church and the Non-Christian World 1250-1550 (l979) and Empire and Order: The Concept of Empire, 800-1800 (1999).
- Author(s)Andrew P. Holt,Professor James Muldoon
- Date of Publication30/08/2008
- SubjectMilitary History
- Series TitleFighting Words
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGreenwood World Publishing
- Content Notemaps
- Weight839 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine30 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.