All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe principle objective of competition law is to protect the competitive process. It prohibits activities such as collusive agreements to fix prices or outputs, abuse of dominance, or mopolization, and anti-competitive mergers. Around the world as an increasing number of countries move toward ecomic liberalization, there is renewed interest in adopting or modernizing competition laws. India, too has taken significant steps away from its post-independence system of governmental controls and protective regimes. The Competition Act, 2002 is on the statute books and is likely to be fully operational within a short period. This unparalleled volume, with contributions from eminent inter- national, as well as Indian specialists, offers a comprehensive survey and analysis of key concepts and issues in competition law. Equally importantly, it contains the essence of the experience of the law in practice in major developed and developing countries. Experts from the respective jurisdictions have written on competition law in Australia, the European Community, Germany, the UK, the USA, Korea, Mexico, and South Africa. This book is particularly relevant for countries such as India, which may be said to have a weak competition culture, and where the need to build a kwledge base is indisputable. The final part of the book is devoted to the evolution of competition law in India, particularly the provisions of the 2002 statute. Throughout, the book highlights the ecomic context of this law, the role of ecomic analysis in determining competition cases.
- Author BiographyVinod Dhall Member, Competition Commission of India. Previously, he was Secretary to the Government of India, Department of Company Affairs. He has held other important positions in government in the fields of finance and industry.
- PublisherOUP India
- Date of Publication15/03/2007
- SubjectNational Law: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationNew Delhi
- Country of PublicationIndia
- ImprintOUP India
- Weight845 g
- Width143 mm
- Height220 mm
- Spine41 mm
- Edited byVinod Dhall
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $33.32New
- AU $30.40New
- AU $23.03New
- AU $30.87New
- AU $21.83New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $10.59Trending at AU $13.66
- AU $60.88Trending at AU $63.18
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.81
- AU $20.89Trending at AU $24.28
- AU $28.28Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $44.93Trending at AU $46.37
- AU $18.77Trending at AU $25.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.