All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCompetitiveness becomes a growing concern for developing countries as they liberalise their ecomies and open up to global trade, investment and techlogy flows. They fear that liberalization by itself may t, in the presence of market and institutional deficiencies, lead to the optimal allocation of resources. In particular, it may lead to the realization of static rather than dynamic comparative advantages - a threat to sustained growth in a world of rapid techlogical change. This study draws together contributions by Sanjaya Lall - an authority on international investment, techlogy and industrial policy - on competitiveness and its major determinants. It draws upon his wide experience of competitiveness analysis in Asian and African countries and his work on techlogy and skills. It contains his most important published material as well as previously unpublished articles, and should be of interest to students, researchers and policy analysts interested in industrial development, techlogy and human resources.
- Author(s)Sanjaya Lall
- PublisherEdward Elgar Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication04/04/2001
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Series TitleElgar Monographs
- Place of PublicationCheltenham
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEdward Elgar Publishing Ltd
- Content Notefigs.tabs.
- Weight842 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $33.32New
- AU $30.40New
- AU $20.46New
- AU $30.87New
- AU $21.83New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $10.59Trending at AU $13.66
- AU $60.90Trending at AU $63.18
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.81
- AU $20.89Trending at AU $24.28
- AU $28.30Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $44.93Trending at AU $46.37
- AU $18.77Trending at AU $25.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.