All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhat do fishermen really get up to when they abandon a warm bed before the crack of dawn, stuff a haversack with tins of assorted maggots, half a hundredweight of pulped bread and a folding campstool, and disappear into the drizzle? Thelwell presents his report.
- Author BiographyNorman Thelwell contributed more than 1,600 cartoons to Punch magazine and worked as political cartoonist for the News Chronicle, then at the Sunday Express and Tatler. He was particularly well-known for his cartoons on horse riding, fishing, sailing, motoring and English country life and was one of the founder members of the British Cartoonists' Association.Allison & Busby are reissuing four of his humorous cartoon collections in October and November 2014. All four are tongue-in-cheek cartoon guides to varied hobbies and country pursuits; fishing, golfing, sailing and gardening.
- Author(s)Norman Thelwell
- PublisherAllison & Busby
- Date of Publication06/11/2014
- SubjectHumour: Collections & General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAllison & Busby
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.55Trending at AU $74.74
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.40
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.46
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.65
- AU $12.94Trending at AU $16.44
- AU $26.68Trending at AU $29.36
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.46
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.