All listings for this product
Sponsored by eBay Stores
- AU $51.23Free postage
- AU $50.75Free postage
About this product
- DescriptionDo you want to develop a solid understanding of Cantonese and communicate confidently with others? Through authentic conversations, vocabulary building, grammar explanations and extensive practice and review, Complete Cantonese will equip you with the skills you need to use Cantonese in a variety of settings and situations, developing your cultural awareness along the way. What will I achieve by the end of the course? By the end of Complete Cantonese you will have a solid intermediate-level grounding in the four key skills - reading, writing, speaking and listening - and be able to communicate with confidence and accuracy. Is this course for me? If you want to move confidently from beginner to intermediate level, this is the course for you. It's perfect for the self-study learner, with a one-to-one tutor, or for the beginner classroom. It can also be used as a refresher course. What do I get? -26 learning units plus verbs reference and word glossary and revision section -Discovery Method - figure out rules and patterns to make the language stick -Teaches the key skills - reading, writing, listening, and speaking -Learn to learn - tips and skills on how to be a better language learner -Culture tes - learn about the people and places of China -Outcomes-based learning - focus your studies with clear aims -Authentic listening activities - everyday conversations give you a flavour of real spoken Cantonese -Test Yourself - see and track your own progress *Complete Cantonese maps from Novice Low to Advanced Low level proficiency of ACTFL (American Council on the Teaching of Foreign Languages) and from A1 Beginner to B1/B2 Upper Intermediate level of the CEFR (Common European Framework of Reference for Languages) guidelines. This pack includes a book and one mp3 CD of audio material. What else can I use to learn Cantonese? If you require an absolute Beginner course, you can try our Get Started in Cantonese Absolute Beginner course: 9781444174991 Rely on Teach Yourself, trusted by language learners for over 75 years.
- Author BiographyHugh Baker taught Chinese (Cantonese and Mandarin) for 36 years at the School of Oriental and African Studies, University of London. Pui-Kei Ho teaches Cantonese as a foreign language in Hong Kong.
- Author(s)Ho Pui-Kei,Hugh Baker
- PublisherHodder & Stoughton General Division
- Date of Publication03/12/2015
- FormatMixed media product
- SubjectLanguage Learning: Self Study
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintTeach Yourself Books
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight822 g
- Width190 mm
- Height245 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Contained items statementContains CD-Audio and Paperback
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.50
- AU $18.97Trending at AU $20.65
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.